Cyara Call Engine doesn't support SIP REFER, SIP 302 (3XX). To workaround it Cyara Call Engine needs to be connected to SBC or SIP Proxy that "protects" Call Engine from the messages not supported by Cyara.
Cyara Voice Gateway can be used as a SIP Proxy in the deployments where SIP REFER or SIP 302 (3XX) messages are possible.
Installing Cyara Voice Gateway
Installation process includes some dummy steps, as the Cyara Voice Gateway is primarily designed as a Protocol converter between H323, SCCP and SIP.
1. Run Cyara Voice Gateway Installation package and select a folder:
2. Configure SIP Port and Call Engine Address:
- If Call Engine and Voice Gateway reside on the same host the port must be different from Call Engine (eq. 15060 in this example)
- Supported Transport leave default H323. This is dummy step.
3. Enter Remote Gatekeeper Address:
Note: Another dummy step - any address can be specified.
Configuring Cyara Voice Gateway
Once installed, Cyara Voice Gateway starts its own configuration interface which can be accessed using the web browser: http://localhost:1719
1. Open Cyara Voice Gateway configuration interface:
2. Open System Parameters
3. Uncheck Remote Gatekeeper Enable, and clear the Remote Gatekeeper Address:
4. Configure Call Routing.
4a. Inbound (Cruncher, Replay, Pulse) Call Engine:
Note: The example above redirects all the SIP Traffic generated by Call Engine to an external Switch or gateway with IP Address 192.168.1.34.
4b. Outbound Call Engine (Call Engine that is receiving calls from PBX):
Note: On the example above all incoming SIP Calls are redirected to the address 192.168.1.121 and port 5060 (default for Call Engine). h323 record will be removed.
5. Press Accept button at the end of the page once done.
Configuring Cyara Call Engine
This step is not required for 4b configurations, but is required for 4a. When generating calls Cyara has to send all the SIP traffic to the Cyara Voice Gateway instead of directly to the IVR/Contact Center.
1. Add the following setting need to be applied to Cyara Call Engine config:
<add key="Suffix" value="@192.168.1.121:15060"/>
- IP Address is the address of the host where the Cyara Voice Gateway is installed.
- Port is the SIP port of the Cyara Voice Gateway. For single host deployment it is recommended to keep configuration consistent and use 15060 as in the example.