Sometimes Cyara Portal instead of a requested page or action shows blank screen with General Error text on it.
General Error means an Exception in Cyara Web application. Exception is a condition that is not expected by an application, which means that application stops working.
Here are some basic scenarios that may cause Exception or General Error page:
- Insufficient Database performance - request cannot be completed on time
- Insufficient server performance - operating system cannon allocate requested resources for the application
- Application code error - application code contains an error that needs to be fixed
If you encounter a General Error, please report this incident to Cyara Customer Response team.
Information that is required to investigate the issue:
- Cyara Web Portal Logs (usually located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CyaraWebPortal\logs)
- Cyara Web ELMAH logs (usually located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CyaraWebPortal\logs\ELMAH)
- Cyara Web API logs (usually located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CyaraWebApi\logs)