The Genesys Cloud solution is a powerful cloud based platform for call centres. Cyara can communicate with Genesys Cloud by sending Cyara CX Model data directly into your Genesys Cloud environment, useful for prototyping and testing. Save time and energy by exporting a CX Model directly into your Genesys Cloud environment with the Cyara Accelerator.
There are Three stages to the setup process to build the link between Genesys Cloud and Cyara, the first two stages are both within Genesys Cloud.
Part 1: Configuring Genesys Cloud Client
- Login to your Genesys Cloud portal organisation with an account that has Admin privileges.
- Click the Admin link in the top toolbar, then click on the OAuth menu in the Integrations section
- Click on Add Client
Fill in the following fields.
App Name : We recommend naming this as "Cyara Accelerator" for clarity.
Description : for your reference
Token Duration (The number of seconds until tokens that are created by this client will expire). We recommend setting this to the maximum available 172800s ~48hrs) to allow longer tasks to complete.
Grant Types : Select “Code Authorisation”
Authorized Redirect URIs (one per line) : The only URI that is required is as follows;
SCOPE: add the following roles in the list below;
Note: You can type into the Scope field to search for the role permission you are looking for.
- Once completed your Client setup will look as follows;
- Click Save
- You will now be presented with a Client ID make a note of this as it will be used later. It will be presented in hex as : xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Click on Admin in the top navigation bar again, then click on People & Permissions.
- Find the role called "communicate-admin" and click on the Permissions Tab.
- Search for the "OAuth > Client > Authorize" Permission and turn this on (Click the tickbox)
- Click Save
Part 2: Configuring the Genesys Cloud User Account
For this integration we recommend creating a new unique user account within Genesys Cloud for Cyara to authenticate as when sending CX Model data to your Genesys Cloud environment.
- Click on Admin in the top navigation bar of your Genesys Cloud portal.
- Click on People in the People & Permissions section.
- Click on Add Person to add a new user account.
- Take note of the User ID (email address) and Password that was entered for this User Account as these details will be used later.
- Click on the Permissions tab for this user account and grant this account the following permissions
- PureCloud Voice Admin
- Click Save
Part 3: Configuring the Cyara Integration
At this stage you should now have three pieces of information from the steps above. The Client ID from the Genesys Cloud OAuth Client, as well as the Email Address and Password for the newly created User Account. Ensure you have these details before proceeding.
The final stage is to now build the Genesys Cloud Integration within Cyara, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Cyara Portal.
- In the Tools menu, select Integrations
(Note: If you are unable to access the Integrations menu, Contact Cyara Support for assistance).
- Click on New Integration
- Set the Type to "Genesys PureCloud" and enter the following details;
- Name - For your reference (we recommend naming this "Genesys Cloud Accelerator" for clarity).
- Client ID - This is the Genesys Cloud OAuth Client ID
(Client IDs are formatted as xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)
- Email - The Email Address of the Genesys User Account (not the main admin account).
- Password - The Password associated with the above User Account.
(click the change button to enter the password).
- Domain - The domain where your Genesys Cloud deployment is accessed. (E.g mypurecloud.com)
- Location - Select the AWS Region Name that correlates to your Genesys Cloud deployment from the dropdown menu. (For more information on these locations, read the Genesys support article available here ).
- Here is an example configuration for a US East Genesys Cloud Deployment;
- Once these details have been entered you can perform an Authentication Test to ensure the supplied credentials are correct. Click the Test Authentication button.
- Once the Authentication Test Passes, set this integration to Enabled with the slider in the top right corner.
- Click Save Details.
Exporting a Cyara CX Model to Genesys Cloud
Now that the Integration between Cyara and Genesys Cloud has been built, you can now export a Cyara CX Model directly to Genesys Cloud.
- Click on CX Models in the top menu bar of your Cyara Portal.
- Click on the name of the CX Model that you want to export.
- In the Action menu in the top right corner, select the "Export to Genesys PureCloud" option.
- You will be presented with a confirmation window, click Export to begin the export process.
Note: Due to the size of your CX Model, this export process can take some time to complete.
Note: For setting Genesys user roles, you might want to refer How to select user roles in Genesys