Sometimes Cyara Voice Gateway is placed in between the Cyara Call Engine and IVR/Contact Center telephony infrastructure. It is required to handle specific scenarios that are not supported by Cyara Call Engine. One of these scenarios is treating transfers via SIP REFER.
When Cyara Voice Gateway is placed in between the Cyara Call Engine, it is important to understand that it start to control the media path and offers following capabilities:
- RTP Codec Filtering
- RTP Transcoding
- RTP Proxying
By default Cyara Voice Gateway is blocking RFC2833 RTP EVENT mode for sending DTMF tones and allows only In-Band DTMF mode.
This solution describes how to change this behavior.
Option 1: Configure RFC2833 during Cyara Voice Gateway Installation
- Start Cyara.Voice.Gateway.Installer.msi
- Follow the Installation wizard until the "Opal Server Configuration" page
- Check Enable RF2833 checkbox:
Option 2: Configure RFC2833 After the installation
- Open a browser
- In the address field enter the hostname of the server where the Cyara Voice Gateway is installed and a port 1719. Example: http://192.168.11.131:1719
- On the Admin Page open System Parameters link
- On the System Parameters page scroll down to Media Format settings
- Exclude RFC2833 from the Removed Media by adding the following rule: !UserInput/RFC2833
- In the very bottom of the page click Save button