This article covers how to grant Cyara Call Explorer (formerly known as the Cyara Test Phone while in BETA), access to your microphone to capture voice input when placing a call into a IVR. The method to grant access differs based on which web browser you are using when accessing the Cyara Call Explorer in the Cyara Portal.
When using Cyara Call Explorer in Google Chrome, you will be prompted automatically to grant access to your microphone, When prompted, choose Allow.
If the microphone access popup has not appeared, or if your microphone wasn't properly connected when the Cyara Call Explorer was originally opened, you may need to manually grant permissions, to do so follow the steps below.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Turn on or off Ask before accessing.
- Review your blocked and allowed sites.
- To remove an existing exception or permission: To the right of the site, click Delete .
- To allow a site that you already blocked: Under "Blocked," select the site's name and change the camera or microphone permission to "Allow."
Using Mozilla Firefox to access the Cyara Call Explorer will prompt you automatically to grant microphone access, to do so follow the steps below.
- Open Firefox and go to the Cyara Call Explorer.
- A confirmation pop-up displays asking if you want to share your microphone with that site. Your device’s default microphone is selected from the designated drop-downs.
- Select a different camera and/or microphone if necessary.
- Select the checkbox if you want Firefox to remember your selections for this site so that they can be used by default in the future.
- Click the button if you want to share the selected device with the site.
The following steps will grant the Cyara Call Explorer permissions to access your microphone to record voice audio.
- Login to the Cyara Portal and select Call Explorer.
If a dialog box appears asking if you want to give the website permission to use your camera or microphone, select Allow once or Always allow.