To setup a new Environment for Genesys Cloud (Formerly Genesys PureCloud) server, follow the steps below:
From the Build menu on the Cyara sidebar, select Environments. The Environments screen will be displayed, which shows a list of existing Environments.
- Click the New Environment button
located in the top right corner. The New Environment page will be displayed as
Enter a Name for the Environment and select Genesys Cloud from the Type drop-down list.
Set any Environment-Level Attributes to be used across all Servers in this Environment. Attributes are stored as typed Key-Value pairs. To create Attributes, follow these steps:
- Specify the Key (See the table below for supported Attributes).
- Specify the Value for the Key.
- Set the Attribute type from the drop-down menu. For example, String, Boolean, Float, and so on.
- Click + to add the specified Attribute.
Repeat the above steps for any additional Attributes.
- Before adding a server acquire connection details
for your Genesys Cloud platform.
- Login to your Genesys Cloud
- Take a note of your "Organization Short
You can find your Organization Short Name in the Organization Details page in the Account Settings window of the admin panel. In the example below it is "assurebank"
- Select Admin menu and
under Integrations select OAuth option
- Either pick an existing client
or create a new one
- Enter App Name, for example “Cyara Virtual Agent”
- Select Grant types as “Token Implicit Grant (Browser)”.
https://cvaoauth.cyara.comas authorised redirect URI
- Choose Scope
- Click Save and record
Client ID value. In the example below
- To ensure proper operation of Cyara Virtual Agent for Genesys Cloud, a
new Role must be created and assigned to all agent IDs being used by
Cyara Virtual Agents. This step must be performed by a user with proper
Genesys Cloud administrative privileges. Follow the steps below to
create the required Role.
Navigate to Admin -> People & Permissions -> Roles / Permissions
Click on “Add Role” button
In the Role Detail Tab specify name of the role: Cyara Virtual Agent
Click on Permissions tab
In the “Permissions” column search box type in “Disconnect”
Select check box for “Conversation > Communication > Disconnect” permission.
This Role should be applied to all of the Genesys Cloud Agents, see the Adding a Genesys Cloud Agent article for more information on how to apply a Role to a User.
- Login to your Genesys Cloud platform, typically
- In the Environment Servers panel, click
New Server. A pop-up window as shown below appears:
- Enter a Server Name. This is what the Cyara Platform will call this server (For example, “ Genesys Cloud Server”)
- Select the Agent Voice channel type from the drop-down list.
- Enter your Genesys Cloud login domain
(usually "mypurecloud.com")as Primary Hostname/IP.
- Enter 443 as the Primary Port number associated with the above Hostname/IP to accept connections.
- Set any Server specific attributes to be used on
connection. These will be used in addition to the Environment-level attributes
set above. Attributes are stored as typed Key-Value pairs (see the table below
for supported Attributes). To create Attributes, follow these steps:
- Specify the Key.
- Specify the Value.
- Select the Attribute type from the drop-down menu. For example, String, Boolean, Float, and so on.
- Click + to add the specified Attribute.
- Repeat the above steps for any additional Attributes.
Channel Usage Key Type Comment Agent Voice Mandatory oauthredirect String
https://cvaoauth.cyara.comas specified in PureCloud OAuth configuration
Agent Voice Mandatory oauthclientid String Client ID as specified in PureCloud OAuth configuration. For example "
Agent Voice Mandatory domain String Domain to connect to, same value as Primary Hostname/IP field. Typically
Agent Voice Mandatory org String Organization Short Name, which can be found in the Organization Settings area of the Genesys Admin Panel. See step #5 above for more information on Organization Short Names. Agent Voice Optional Flags String notls - Establishes a non-TLS connection via HTTP
debug - switches on extra logging
Note: These values must be comma separated e.g "notls,debug".
Agent Voice Optional api-proxy-url String Proxy server URL. For example, http://<proxyip>:<port> Agent Voice Optional api-proxy-username String Currently, Genesys Cloud can run as "basic auth" type of proxy. Proxy servers configured with "NTLM" or "Negotiation" or any other auth type are not supported. Agent Voice Optional api-proxy-password String Proxy auth user password. Required only for "basic auth" type of proxy.Note: Currently, password is passed as plain text. This will be modified to hidden type in future releases.Note: Parameters api-proxy-url, api-proxy-username, and api-proxy-password are required only if Genesys Cloud is running as an on-premise environment behind customer proxy.
- Click Add Server.
- After you have entered all the details
for the new Environment, click Save Details. Note: Genesys Cloud Agents have required values that differ from the standard Virtual Agent config. Read the Adding a Genesys Cloud Agent article for details.