- From the main menu on the Cyara Portal, select the Build sidebar menu item and then click Behaviors. The Behaviors screen will be displayed.
New Behavior button. The
New Behavior screen will be displayed.
Behavior Details: This section defines the
general attributes of the Behavior. Enter the following information to create
the new Behavior:
- Channel: Indicates the Channel to associate with this Behavior. Select the Channel from the drop-down list.
- Classification Rule: Choose the Classification Rule from the folder. See Classification Rule for more information.
- Name: Enter a unique name for the Behavior.
- Folder Path: Select the Folder Path location where the Behavior will be saved.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the Behavior.
Activities represent the individual actions to be performed by an agent during an interaction. Each Activity is defined by an Activity Type, initial pause time before activity is executed, a timeout, and any associated user data.
To add Activities to a Behavior, follow these steps:
New Activity in the Behavior Activities
Panel. A pop-up dialogue box will be displayed.
- Enter the Activity No field.
Classification from the drop-down list.
The Classification is based on the defined Classification ruleset.
- Select the Activity Type from the Activity Type drop-down list. This list will differ depending on the Channel Type chosen for the Behavior. Refer to the following pages for the respective Channels' supported Activities:
- Enter the minimum and maximum duration that the Agent will pause for before starting this Activity in the Min/Max Pause Time field.
Timeout value. This indicates how long we
expect the Agent will spend executing this Activity. Crossing the threshold
will mark the activity as
- If you want to continue the execution after activity failure, click the Continue on failure checkbox.
Add Activity button to add the Activity to
Certain Activities will require additional parameters. When selected from the drop-down list, the fields for those parameters will also be displayed in the dialogue.For information on these additional fields, refer to the following pages for the respective Channel.
Cyara Virtual Agent Behaviours Walkthrough Video
Watch the video below for more information on how to create Virtual Agent Behaviours and perform basic data validation.