The Cyara Desktop Manager helps manage multiple remote desktop connections. This is an optional component.
The Desktop Manager must be configured for a particular site. This operates in the same manner as CVA. In this way, you can run multiple Desktop Managers, as long as they are configured for different sites.
The Desktop Manager displays the Virtual Agent Campaigns which have
agents configured for its site. For example, if the Desktop Manager has a site
Site1, it will only display Campaigns that have agents
which are using the "
In addition, when a Campaign starts, Agent Desktops marked Automatic will be connected and logged in, and when the Campaign stops, these Desktops will be disconnected.
The Desktop Manager works with Agent Coordinator to log in all stations with automatic login required for a Campaign. If the logins fail or the stations were unavailable in the first place, the Campaign fails and the detailed reason can be viewed by navigating to the Historical Report for the respective Campaign run.
If the automatic desktops logging into an RDP session display a splash screen or requires secondary authentication, pre-login scripts can be defined to bypass notification or enter secondary authentication to enter the actual RDP session. The pre-login scripts can be created using Desktop Manager.
For information about creating and managing pre-login scripts, see <insert xref>.
Note: Each logged in RDP session MUST use a unique login, multiple logins with the same user will cause issues with saving screenshots.
To resolve this potential issue, we recommend enabling the Group Policy for "Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single remote desktop services session".
To run the Cyara Desktop Manager, perform the following steps:
- From the Windows start menu,
click the Cyara Desktop Manager icon, and the
Cyara Desktop Manager login window appears as
The Login window displays information about the number of Campaigns Running, Total Desktops, Logged in Desktops, and Ready Desktops.
Note: The Automatic Agent Desktops are connected on a Campaign and start without a user logging in.
- Campaigns Running: Only Campaigns which have agents using the configured site.
- Total Desktops: Agents which are using the Desktop Manager's site in a Campaign.
- Logged In Desktops: Agents which are using the Desktop Manager's site in a Campaign that are currently connected and logged in.
- Ready Desktops: Agents which are using the Desktop Manager's site in a Campaign that are running the Desktop Client.
- Enter the
Password; these credentials are the same as the
Cyara Portal Admin User. Click the
Connect button, and a screen as shown below
The top panel displays a list of active Virtual Agent Campaigns. The bottom panel displays a list of Agent Desktops associated to the selected Campaign.
Under the Desktops panel, a summary is provided that includes Total Desktops, Logged in Desktops, and Ready Desktops.Following the summary, a tree structure presents all the Agent Desktops in your selected Campaigns in ascending order. The Agent Desktops are grouped into the following categories:
The Agent Desktops are then further presented by grouping under their respective domains.
If you click on a desktop, it shows the remote desktop session (if connected). The desktop list also shows status symbols on the right:
- Example 1: An Automatic
Agent Desktop has a fully qualified address as
workstation01.cyara.com. This desktop will be shown under the Automatic category and grouped under the domain
- Example 2: Another
Automatic Agent Desktop has a fully qualified address as
workstation10. This desktop will be shown under the Automatic category and grouped under a blank domain. Note that this desktop does not have a domain in its address.
Note: The Desktop panel shows which RDP endpoint is associated to which Agent. This helps in identifying which agent was logged onto which machine.
- The (E) symbol denotes that the workstations are engaged in a Campaign.
- The (R) symbol denotes that the workstations are "Ready" (Desktop Clients that are connected and are ready to start tests).
- The (V) symbol denotes that the workstation is logged in and verified the QueueName from the Desktop Client.
- The (L) symbol denotes that the workstations are "Logged in" via RDP.
- The (C) symbol denotes the connection is open but not logged in, and can indicate a failure (in case you have entered the wrong credentials).
- To connect a Manual
Agent Desktop, click on the respective desktop under the
Manual tab and then click
Connect. Then provide the login credentials
- Click Connect. You are logged in and the desktop node will display (L) against the Desktop name as well. If the wrong credentials were provided, the node will show a (C) symbol and an error message on the main panel.
- Expand the
Campaigns tab if it is closed (top left) to
check the number of Campaigns running. The list shows all Campaigns; the ones
running have a
(R) symbol next to them. The list is sorted
by last run date, and the Campaigns you run more often should be displayed on
Note: The Disconnect button is disabled for Automatic Agent Desktops when they are participating in Campaign Execution.
- To exit the Desktop Manager, right-click the Cyara Desktop Manager icon in the Notification area of the Taskbar and select Exit.