This feature allows you to add a new classification to a call result that has occurred within a Cyara Campaign. This is intended to be used to add classifications to call results where the original Cyara determined result may not be appropriate for your larger reports (Such as a known network issue for call failures).
This feature can also be used to directly change the Cyara determined result of Cyara Test Case that is run within a Campaign.
The Call Result Reclassification Feature supports viewing of up to 50,000 concurrent records at a time. For reports that have more than 50,000 records, we recommend filtering the report by failure type and applying bulk reclassifications to a smaller dataset.
- Undo: ctrl + z
- Redo: ctrl + y
- Save: ctrl + s
- Copy: ctrl + c
- Paste: ctrl + v
Reclassifying Results from a Velocity or Cruncher Report
Cyara Test Case Results can be reclassified in a number of ways, you can reclassify results from within a Velocity or Cruncher Report, or on a single Test Case Result. Additionally Stitched Campaign Reports also display reclassified Results. See below for more information on how to reclassify Results in each of these scenarios.
- To view the Call Result Reclassification feature, from the main menu, click the Campaign type (Velocity, Cruncher etc.) under Report. The last run report will appear.
- Select the From Date and To Date from the drop-down list.
- Click Filter. The following screen, which contains a summary of all Call Records runs, will be displayed.
- Click the View button to open the Campaign Result Report.
- In the top right corner of the Result Report, in the Results Summary dropdown menu, Select Results Summary
- Once you have selected the Results Summary option you will see the new Result Reclassification UI as below
- To Reclassify a Cyara Call Result, click the Edit Icon next to the Call
and select from the list of available
Results.Note: The available Call Results are what Cyara has determined from the call being placed. To add a Custom Result Classification, see "Custom Result Classifications" below.
- When any results are modified, the Results of Total Calls summary graph will
also update to highlight the number of call results that have been
- Once you have selected a new Call Result, click the Save button in the top left corner of the table to save your changes.
Reclassifying a Single Test Case Result
Reclassifying a Single Test Case Result
- Similarly to the above reclassification process for changing a
classification from a Velocity or Cruncher Report, you can also modify a
single Test Case Result directly. If you click on any call ID to view the
results screen as follows;
- Here you can see the same Edit Icon for both the Result and Result Classification fields.
- Click on this icon to select an existing Result status, or a Result
You can also create custom Result Reclassifications on this page by clicking on Result Classification and entering the custom text that you want to use.
Once you have typed in the custom Result Classification to be used, click out of the field and the Result will be updated.
- Updated Results and classifications will also be displayed on reports where this call is included.
Viewing Reclassified Results within a Stitched Campaign
Campaigns that are run close together can also be stiched together using the Campaign Stitching feature. This combines the details of both Campaign runs into a single report, making it easier to view and gain insights from. To stitch Campaigns together and View the Reclassified Results within, follow the steps below.
- On the right hand side of the Reports list you will be able to see the
Campaign stitch button, the + Icon, on reports that can be combined
together.Note: Campaigns can only be stitched together if they were run close together, older Campaigns can not be combined with newer ones.
- Once you click on the + Icon you will be presented with a list of Campaign
runs that can be combined. Select the Campaigns to combine by clicking the
box on the left hand side.
- Click Run Report to generate a new Report that combines the selected Campaigns.
- On the Stitched Campaign Report, The Result and Result Classification fields
will be displayed.
These Results and Result Classifications can also be edited by clicking on the Call ID in the left column, or by performing a bulk update to the Campaign Run Report before stitching.
Reclassifying Results from a Pulse Dashboard
You can also reclassify call results directly from a Pulse Dashboard. You can left-click on a failed call result dot to open more information as below;
Then clicking on this call result link will redirect you to the result of that single Test Case run, follow the process as described above for Reclassifying a Single Test Case Result to change this status and classification. Once the status or classification have been changed, the result will automatically save and the new result will be displayed on the Pulse Dashboard immediately
Alternatively Cyara Pulse Dashboards offer a shortcut to quickly force a success status on a call result. To force success from a Pulse Dashboard, right-click on the call result dot and select the "Force Success" option.
Selecting "Force Success" will change the call result status to Success, while keeping the original classification.
Undo: if you incorrectly change a call result or classification, right-click the call result dot and a "Revert Change" option will appear, selecting this will change the result back to what it was originally.
Feedback: While this feature is in active development at Cyara, a feedback box will also appear when reclassifying results directly from the Cyara Pulse Dashboard. We want to gather more information on why Test Case results require reclassification to help us improve the Cyara Platform, removing the need to make these manual adjustments.
Your feedback on the reasons for Call Result Reclassifications are greatly appreciated.
- Clicking on the Filter Icon next to the column heading of each column will allow
you to filter results in your reports based on criteria relevant for that field,
for example Call Duration.
Use the Sliders to set the Minimum and Maximum Value for your filter.
- These filters can be cleared by clicking the Clear Filters in the top right corner of the results table.
- For columns that do not have any filterable values, the following message will
Custom Result Classifications
- In addition to changing the Result of a call, you can also add a Custom Result
Classification. Result Classifications are best used to add additional context
to why the Call Result occurred. For example a "Failed" Call Result would have
the "Failed to Connect" Result Classification.Note: Certain Cyara Specific Internal Classifications can not be selected in Result Classification, however these Classifications can be overwritten if required.
- To Add a new Custom Result Classification, click the Edit Icon next to the Results Classification for that call.
- Type the Custom Result Classification into the top field, or select an existing Result Classification.
- Any Call Results that have had a new Result Classification added will display
the Edited Icon (The Edit Icon with a highlight colour).
- If you move your mouse over the top of the Edited Icon you will be able to see what the original Result Classification was, with the option to Revert
- Click the Save button in the top left corner of the report screen to save your changes.
Bulk Updating Call Records
- Any of the editable fields in the Call Report Summary can be updated in bulk to save time.
- First enter the value that should be updated to a larger number of records.
- In the bottom right hand corner of the updated record, a blue square will appear and when you move your mouse cursor onto it, your cursor will change to a + symbol.
- Click and Drag from this blue square to copy this result onto subsequent call records.
Undo/Redo & FullScreen Edit Buttons
- The Result Reclassification Feature also supports Undo and Redo Actions, as well as the ability to edit the Call Records in a full screen view which is useful for bulk updates.
- In the Top right Corner of the Call Result table, you will see 3 Buttons.
- The Undo Icon :
- The Redo Button : Note: These icons will be greyed out if there are no actions to Undo or Redo.
- The Fullscreen View button :
- Selecting the FullScreen View button will enlarge the Call Result Table to
maximize screen space, allowing you to easily make bulk updates.Note: Press the ESC key to exit the fullscreen view once you have made changes.
- The Call Reclassification Feature also allows you to add Comments to any Call Result, this is useful for adding notes/comments for further investigation.
- To add a Comment to a call result, click the Edit Icon for that call in the Comments column.
- Enter the Comment text in the available text box, this text box can also be
resized using the drag handle in the bottom right corner.
- Once your comment has been entered, press Enter or click onto any other Call Record and your comment will be added.
- Click the Save button in the top left corner to save your changes.
Exporting Updated Reports
- Once you have updated any Results, Result Classifications or Comments on the Report, first ensure that you save your changes with the Save button in the top left corner.
- With your changes saved, you can then export this updated report in a CSV Spreasheet format. Click the Export dropdown menu in the top right corner of the Results of Total Calls menu
- Clicking on "Export this View" will generate a CSV Spreadsheet containing all
data from all columns visible in the Call Results Table, including any changes
to Result, Results Classification and Comments.Note: Exporting All Details will generate a spreadsheet with additional call information, including Result Category and Links to each Test Case Result.