Cyara enables you to upload and manage audio files via the View Audio Files menu under the Test Case Manager menu in the navigation box.
The following functions can be performed using the View Audio Files menu:
- Add/Modify/Delete audio files uploaded in Cyara
- Create/Modify/Delete folders to organize audio files
- Drag and Drop audio files into various folders
- Listen to uploaded audio files
- Display which Test Cases the audio files have associated with them
- Search for audio files
- Display missing audio files when using the data driven feature
Audio Files can be accessed from the menu as shown
Adding Audio Files
Audio files can be directly uploaded on to the Cyara Web Portal from the View Audio Files screen.
- Click the Select File button in the Add Audio File section panel.
- Browse to your audio file, select it, and click the Upload button. When the file is successfully uploaded, it will be displayed in the Audio Files section.
Updating Audio Files
Audio files can be updated only if a new audio file is being uploaded
with the same name as that of an already existing file. A message is displayed
warning the user that the existing file will be replaced with the new
Deleting Audio Files
To delete an audio file from the Cyara Web Portal, you first need to
dissociate the audio file from all the Test Cases where it is being referenced.
If you attempt to delete a file that is referenced by a Test Case, you will get
an error message.
To delete a file that has been dissociated from all the Test Cases, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the file and click the Delete option from the menu.
- Click OK on the message box if you have confirmed that the file is the correct selection. The file will be deleted from the Cyara Web Portal and will not be visible in the Select Audio Files window.
On the View Audio Files screen, the Audio Files can be managed effectively with the help of a folder structure.
- To create a folder,
right-click the root
Audio Files and select the
New Folder option on the menu displayed.
The default name of the folder is New Folder. To rename a folder, right-click the folder and click the Rename Folder option in the menu.
A folder cannot be deleted if there are audio files in it.
- Before you can delete a folder, you need to delete all the files that are in the folder. Then, right-click on the folder and select the Delete Folder option from the context menu.
Listening to Audio Files
To listen to an Audio File, perform the following steps:
- Click and select the file you want. The selected file's details will be populated in the Selected File Name text box.
- Click the Listen button. A File Download message box will be displayed.
- Click the Open button if you do not want to download and save the audio file on your personal computer. The file will be played in Windows Media Player.
- If you want to download and save the audio file, click the Save button. Choose the location where you want the file to be saved and click the Save button.
Viewing Associated Test Cases for Audio Files
To view a list of all the Test Cases that use a particular audio file, select that audio file. All associated Test Cases are displayed in the Used in Test Cases box on the View Audio Files screen.
The Audio Files with associated Test Cases screen is as shown:
Searching for Existing Audio Files
- To open the View Audio Files page, click View Audio Files under Test Case Manager in the left navigation bar.
- You can search for a particular audio file among the existing audio files by entering a search string in the Search text box, then click the Search button.
- The audio menu tree shows the results of the search. To clear the search, click the Reset button adjacent to the Search button.