The Test Data library provides centralized management of test data scenarios. Test data can be imported from CSV files supported by Microsoft Excel.
Data Sets can be downloaded for editing and re-uploaded again. A Data Set can be used to data-drive Voice Test Cases. Web, SMS, and Email Test Cases are not supported in the current release.
The easiest way to edit Data Sets is by using Microsoft Excel, as it has native support for CSV file editing.
The Test Data library is useful if several Test Cases use common scenarios. This way, scenario data can be changed by a single upload and there is no need to modify several Test Cases for every such change.
With a Test Data Set, you can:
- Import a CSV file as a Data Set
- Export a Data Set as a CSV file
- Search for a Data Set
- Replace Data Set scenarios with new ones
- View a list of Test Cases using the Data Set
To view the Data Set, perform the following steps:
- From the main menu on the Cyara Portal, click
. The Test Data page displays all the Data Sets that are
- To upload a new Data Set, click the Upload New Data Set button and select the Data Set file to be uploaded.
- You can search for the Test Data Set Names using the Search button.
- To delete a Data Set, select the checkbox against the Data Set Name and then select menu > . A confirmation message appears for deletion.
- To select all the Data Sets, use the Select All button.
- To clear selection, use the Clear Selection button.