Toll Free Fast Check (TFFC) tool automates TFN (Toll Free Number) validation.
Phone numbers can be uploaded in bulk. TFFC dials the phone number and logs the call status. The call status indicating if the call was a success or failure is logged with the date and time of the call. The reason for call failure might include a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) code along with a brief description of the reason. The logs can be exported to CSV files and downloaded.
To use the TFFC tool, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You must have a Velocity subscription.
- TFFC must be enabled for your Account.
- User with role that enables TFFC to work, such as QA Lead.
Preparing the Upload File
The template for the upload file is available in the Toll Free Fast Check page. Download the template and prepare the upload file as per the example provided in the template.
Running the Toll Free Fast Check
To run the Toll Free Fast Check:
- From the main menu, click .
- In the Tolls Free Fast Check page, click Download CSV Template to download the template. Prepare the CSV file with the correct formatting as shown in the example included in the template.
- You can simply drag and drop the file directly into the field or click Select File to browse to the file and select it.
- If the file is successfully uploaded, a message is displayed with the total
number of TFNs uploaded. Click Run Fast Check to start
After the process starts, an email notification is sent to the user account running the check to let them know that the check has started. Details of the total number of TFNs processed, number of successfully processed TFNs, number of failed to dial TFNs are displayed as the check progresses. A summary of the date and time of the call, call status, and if the call failed, the reason for failure are displayed.
The call failure reason might include a SIP code along with a brief description of the reason. For example, in the following image, 999xx-503 is the SIP code and the associated failure reason of call trunk overload is displayed. For a complete list of SIP codes and their associated failure reasons, see here.
On completion, customers receive an email, which includes a link to the Summary page along with the download link to the completed CSV file.
Click Export to download the CSV file output. The summary reports of the last three TFFN checks are available for download.
While processing, the check can be aborted at any point. This stops the dialing and completes the check from that point.You will receive the file as per the standard process of normal completion.